Warrandyte Primary School
…a rich past, a school for the future.
1863-2013 Celebrating 150 years of Government education.
Welcome to Warrandyte Primary School, where the culture of a learning community is fostered through an educational program that promotes independence, interdependence and self motivation.
Learning is supportive and productive and connects strongly with communities and practice beyond the classroom.
Warrandyte Primary School is a learning community that provides a safe, healthy and caring environment for everyone.
Our school’s vision is to be an outstanding centre of learning, developing self-reliant students in an innovative and vibrant learning environment. We aim for students to have a strong sense of self and community whilst striving for excellence and maximising their potential.
At Warrandyte Primary School the following assumptions about student learning form the philosophical basis of Learning and Teaching:
- all students are capable of learning and want to learn
- students learn at different rates and in different ways
- a curriculum which is developmental, relevant and which covers the Key Learning Areas will extend and develop the abilities of each student
- learning can be fostered best in a socially supportive environment which promotes success for every student
- student self-esteem and confidence are central to student learning
- students need regular feedback about their learning performance in order to improve their learning
“How we teach must reflect how our students learn. It must also reflect the world our students will move into. This is a world which is rapidly changing, connected, adapting and evolving. Our style and approach to teaching must emphasise the learning in the 21st century”. http://edorigami.wikispaces.com/
Warrandyte Primary School
Warrandyte VIC 3113
+61 3 9844 3537
+61 3 9844 1616
Our next Stepping Stones Gathering is Friday 25th August. FITNESS FANATICS! Children enjoy a snapshot of our PMP Program, with our amazing PE teacher, Sally Freemantle. PMP assists younger students to build on their gross and fine motor skills. Warrandyte Primary...read more
THANK YOU WARRANDYTE COMMUNITY. Our new oval has been completed! The students of Warrandyte Primary School are having a great time on their new, artificial turf school oval. What a wonderful effort by all involved. Well...read more
An open invitation to all parents of pre-school children considering Prep for their child in 2018. Come along and find out about the extensive learning opportunities our school has to offer. Meet our teachers, new Principal and discover what makes Warrandyte Primary...read more