Warrandyte Primary School
…a rich past, a school for the future.
1863-2013 Celebrating 150 years of Government education.
Welcome to Warrandyte Primary School, where the culture of a learning community is fostered through an educational program that promotes independence, interdependence and self motivation.
Learning is supportive and productive and connects strongly with communities and practice beyond the classroom.
Warrandyte Primary School is a learning community that provides a safe, healthy and caring environment for everyone.
Our school’s vision is to be an outstanding centre of learning, developing self-reliant students in an innovative and vibrant learning environment. We aim for students to have a strong sense of self and community whilst striving for excellence and maximising their potential.
At Warrandyte Primary School the following assumptions about student learning form the philosophical basis of Learning and Teaching:
- all students are capable of learning and want to learn
- students learn at different rates and in different ways
- a curriculum which is developmental, relevant and which covers the Key Learning Areas will extend and develop the abilities of each student
- learning can be fostered best in a socially supportive environment which promotes success for every student
- student self-esteem and confidence are central to student learning
- students need regular feedback about their learning performance in order to improve their learning
“How we teach must reflect how our students learn. It must also reflect the world our students will move into. This is a world which is rapidly changing, connected, adapting and evolving. Our style and approach to teaching must emphasise the learning in the 21st century”. http://edorigami.wikispaces.com/
THANK YOU WARRANDYTE COMMUNITY BANK. A $30,000 grant from the Warrandyte Community Grant enabled us to start construction on our new all year round school oval this month! The new oval will include a running track around the perimeter, improved drainage and artifical...read more
Please contact the School Office to find out about the next scheduled School Tours, or to organise a tour on a day that suits you. We love introducing people to our beautiful school and showcasing the wonderful opportunities on offer at Warrandyte Primary School....read more
This year’s Warrandyte Festival will be held on the weekend of 24 – 26th of March. This is the 40th Anniversary of the Festival, and our theme for Saturday’s parade is “Getting back to 1977″. So that means high waisted flares,...read more