Choosing a school
To help decide which school is best for your child, consider the following:
- What are your child’s needs and interests? Will the school be able to cater for them?
- Is the school reasonably close to home, work and carers?
- What facilities does the school offer? Are you comfortable with the feel of it?
- What is the schools approach to teaching Literacy and Numeracy? Do they follow a research based pedagogical model?
- Are other services available such as after school care, canteens and music lessons?
Parents may wish to ask prospective schools:
- the size of the school
- teaching methods and classroom environment
- approach to student wellbeing and engagement
- school hours
- assessment and reporting procedures
- extracurricular activities
- communication between home and school
- student participation, e.g.Student leadership programs
- parental involvement, e.g. parents and citizens’ association.’
Below is our Prep transition schedule for this year. Please contact us to enrol or if you have any further questions.